Mabry Mill was built by Ed Mabry in the early 20th century. Despite poor slope and insufficient water supply, the mill was operated by Ed and his wife Lizzie to grind cornmeal, saw logs into boards, and power a woodworking shop. Among his neighbors, Mabry was known as a hard worker who nonetheless always had time for a good joke or story. After his death in 1936, the mill fell into disrepair until it was restored in 1942 as a cultural landmark along the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Size: 550 pieces, 18" x 24"